Trying to find a befitting gift for a woman you love (mother, wife, girlfriend or a female relative) may be a bit of a problem especially if they are taste-specific. One thing is for sure though: jewelry sets a good mood for appreciation any day, any time. To achieve this, one needs to find a suitable jeweler who is original and has a unique product. Mikimoto has received numerous praises globally for having adorable and unique products that a woman can find hard to resist.
The company was founded by Kokichi Mikimoto who nurtured world’s first cultured beads and later went ahead and established his first Black South Sea pearl in 1914, which gave the pearl industry a new dimension. He ensures that each pearl harvested is so unique that it is termed as its own ‘fingerprint.' Certain qualities are considered when assessing superiority of the beads:
1. Luster, quantity of brightness a jewel replicates from both its exterior luminosity and the profound replication of its inner brightness. Only a bright spark bares the Mikimoto name.
2. Outward perfection (fewer exterior imperfections denote a higher quality, more valuable pearl) is incredibly important.
3. Shape (most pearls are rounded, but with Mikimoto, unique shapes like buttons, teardrop, oval and baroque are also familiar) is also a factor in choosing superior pearls.
4. Color (this mostly depends on color of oyster that produces them). High quality pearls have awe-inspiring colors.
5. Size (pearls are measured in millimeters, therefore size has absolutely nothing to do with its quality).
Mikimoto consistently gives us the most amazing pearl jewelry. Visit with us at Keller and George and let us show you these pieces up close and personal!